Soft Avocado Breakfast Taco
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, shredded or chopped (3 cups or 140 grams)
- 1 large (180 grams) tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 large (50 grams, each) eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites (33 grams, each), lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 low-carb whole-wheat wraps, warmed (approximately 80 calories each)
- 1 medium (200 grams) avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
Combine 1 teaspoon oil, lime juice, cumin, and salt in a medium bowl; stir in lettuce, tomato, and cilantro.
Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, 2 to 3 minutes until eggs are set but still soft. Add hot sauce to eggs and stir until well-combined.
Divide the eggs among tortillas. Top evenly with lettuce mixture, avocado, and cheese. Roll up and serve immediately.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 breakfast wrap
Per serving: Calories: 330; Total Fat: 24g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Monounsaturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 325mg; Sodium: 478mg; Carbohydrate: 26g; Dietary Fiber: 16g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 20g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 963mg; Iron: 25%; Vitamin A: 290%; Vitamin C: 33%; Calcium: 19%